Following on from yesterday’s morning skincare routine, here is my evening skincare routine! It’s quite similar to the morning routine, but with a few extra steps. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I really enjoy spending time taking off my makeup at night and leaving my skin clean and soft.
1. Eye makeup remover – Sometimes I skip eye makeup remover and just use cleanser to take everything off, but for days when I’ve a lot of eye makeup on I use an oil-based remover, like Garnier Express 2-in-1, which makes even the toughest mascara just slide off.
2. Cleanser – I swap between a few different cleansers depending on the makeup I wear on the day. I love Garnier Micellar Water and Cetaphil on a daily basis, and for evenings and nights out I use Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm or Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel to take heavier makeup off.
3. Exfoliant/ Toner – The same as my morning skincare routine, I swap between Lush Tea Tree Water and Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Cleansing Pads. 2/3 times a week I’ll use a more heavy-duty exfoliator, like Vichy Normaderm 3-in-1.
4. Serum – To keep my skin hydrated, I use Vichy Aqualia Thermale Dynamic Hydration Serum or Pestle & Mortar Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
5. Night cream/ Oil – I don’t have a specific night cream, so I use the same one as I do in the morning, Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Care. On nights that I want to pamper my skin, or if it’s in need of more hydration I use Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial. The price-tag for this was quite high, and I’m not too sure yet how my skin responds to it, but I’m going to keep trying it anyway.
5. Face Mask – Once or twice a week I use a face mask for a deeper cleanse and to treat my skin. My two favourites are Una Brennan Super Facialist Pore Purifying Clay Mask and Vichy Normaderm 3-in-1, which is a cleanser, exfoliant and face mask all in one.
For my lips I use Lush Popcorn lip scrub to keep them smooth and soft, plus it smells really nice!
I went into more detail on my skin and each product in yesterday’s post, so have a read here if you missed it.
I’ll keep you updated on my skin’s progress and reviews of each of the new products, so stay tuned over the next few weeks!
What’s your night skincare routine?