We all know the feeling – you’ve had a bad day, you car broke down and you got soaked on your way to work. Or maybe you feel great and you just want to add little things into your life to make your day better. There’s a few things that I do every week that pick my spirits up when I’m down, or lift my mood even higher if I’m feeling good.
Whether you’re up or down, try a few of these things to help to make your day as best as it can be.
- Get fresh flowers – Head down to your local market and get a cheap bunch of pretty flowers. Put them in a nice vase or split the bunch and scatter them in glasses around the house. They’ll make you feel good every time you see them (as well as being a potential Instagram pic).
- Use your favourite mug – It might be just me, but using my favourite mug always makes me smile a little. Even better, buy a new mug so you’ve two to choose from. Penneys do super cute cheap mugs, I’m starting to collect them all.
- Send someone a nice text – I love doing this. As cheesy as it is, I love texting my friends and family and telling them thank you for something they’ve done for me, or just to say that I’m so thankful to have them in my life. It makes me feel good to know that I’ve made someone else feel good.
- Get baking – The result doesn’t always turn out well, but I still really enjoy the process of baking. Flick through some cookbooks or look online to find a really nice (preferably chocolaty) recipe. If you want to bake without the guilt, I’d suggest going onto deliciouslyella.com. She has so many amazing recipes (like sweet potato brownies) that taste as good as the real thing and don’t leave you with a sugar hangover.
- Make a plan – I’m the kind of person who loves to be organized, so making plans is one of my favourite things to do. Writing down what you want to do or achieve, whether it be long or short term, is a sure fire way to get you excited and motivated.
Depending on the kind of person you are, you probably either love or hate these five things! But it’s all about finding what works for you. Next time you’re doing something, think to yourself “Is this making me happy?” If it is, then great – keep doing it! If not, try to change it so that it becomes something you enjoy, or find something else to do.
What are your favoruite things to do that make you happy? Let me know in the comments below!