As I write this post I’m currently thousands of feet in the air travelling back from a quick trip to Lanzarote. While I was over there I had so many ideas for my blog and YouTube channel, and I decided that I wanted to start featuring more lifestyle posts.
Recap the Week was a feature that I put up every Sunday for a few months about what I’d been loving and what I was up to that week, but to be honest I found them really hard to write when I’d had a tough week, so I let them slack for a while.
For the minute, I’m going to dabble between The Friday Five and Recap the Week, depending on what I feel suits the week most. I want to be more honest with you guys and share if I’ve had a few down days, but it’s pretty hard to share that kind of thing with the internet.
Please let me know in the comments what you think of this idea, and if there’s anything in particular that you want to see! I’ve finished college for the summer, and while I’m still in work and as busy as ever, I’m really going to focus on WhatSheDoesNow, so expect plenty of new content and media. Even if I haven’t put up a post, I’m always thinking of new things to write about and new things so put on the blog, so I’m going to put those ideas to good use!
Ramble over – here’s this week’s Friday Five.
- Spending: A few days away – As I said, I’ve been in Lanzarote the past few days on a short holiday. For someone who is always on the go from the minute I wake up until the minute I go to sleep, it was well needed. Relaxing to me isn’t just laying about doing nothing, I’m too wired to do that! So I spent the few days reading magazines, books, editing my next video and writing blog posts. I truly believe that if you enjoy what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life!
- Getting: Back into books – I never make the time to read when I’m at home, but I can’t get on an airplane without having a good book to get absorbed into. I picked up the latest addition to the Confessions of a Shopaholic Series, Shopaholic to the Stars. I love the sporadic Becky Bloomwood, and her addiction to shopping is all too familiar to me. In fact, I was watching the Confessions of a Shopaholic film a few months ago and my dad said to me in all seriousness, “Jesus Amy, that’s you!” It was a really enjoyable book to read, and I was laughing out loud on the sun bed like a loon. I’m definitely going to try and read more when I get home!
- Starting: WhatSheDoesNow on YouTube – On Sunday, I put up my very first YouTube video on WhatSheDoesNow. I’ve been addicted to watching YouTube videos for years, favouring them over TV any day, so I finally decided to bite the bullet and do them myself. My fab friend Jen helped me to set up my first video and film it – she’s like the Steven Spielberg of YouTube! I’ll be uploading a video every Sunday, with hopefully more frequent videos in the future.
- Getting: Back on track – A few days in the sun is all I needed to make me realize that I want to be feeling (and looking) my best when I go on my two week holiday to Crete in July. For me, it’s all about having energy, confidence and being happy. I had a good read of the newest Cosmo Body issue (which is amazing) and it gave me so much motivation to get to where I want to be. I’m going to start planning my workouts and meals, and trying new meals and workouts to keep myself going. I’m running the Women’s Mini Marathon in a few weeks in aid of the Irish Cancer Society, so if that’s not enough to keep me going then I don’t know what is!
- Loving: Hello October – Hello October was one of the first blogs I read when I entered this little world, and I was obsessed from the get-go. Suzie’s photography, outfits and overall amazing-ness makes her one of my favourite bloggers out there. Then there’s her YouTube channel, which is just on another level. Definitely check her out, if you haven’t already.
If you’ve made it until the end, go get a cup of tea and biscuit – you deserve it! What have you been up to this week? Let me know in the comments below!