Happy Easter everybody! I hope you’re all having a great day and are loaded up on chocolate like I am, even if you don’t celebrate!
I’m going to set out a challenge in this week’s post – to write down 5 good things about your day every single day for the next week.
If someone was to ask you now five bad things about your life, you probably could list six. But if someone asked you to write five good things down, you’d probably find it a bit harder. Even if it’s just on the notes on your phone, on a piece of paper or using the Gratitude app, try to write down five good things about your life every day. You can do it in the morning to put you in a good mood for the day, or at night to make you feel better going to sleep. Do it whenever suits you. It could be something as small as someone making you a cup of tea, or just having a warm bed to sleep in. No matter how big or small, write them down. Even on the worst days, there’s always at least five things to be happy about and grateful for, even if you don’t realise it. Writing down good things about your day/life is proven to improve your mood over time, so let’s get started.
Post your five things for today below if you want, this week I’ll be writing my five at the end of each post every day.
Here’s mine for today:
1. I was off work today – woo!
2. There’s a giant Mini Egg Easter egg waiting to be eaten upstairs – and a penguin Easter egg – NOM.
3. My dad bought me Frozen as a surprise, I watched it once and loved it, so I’m going to watch it again tonight.
4. I had a gorgeous dinner with my family today.
5. I’ve the best friend ever – you know who you are 😉