Being someone who absolutely loves makeup, I spend a lot of time buying it, looking at it, doing it and talking about it. That’s great when I’m with the girls, but it’s a bit unfortunate for my boyfriend when I buy a new palette and want to bask in it’s glory, while he doesn’t know what I’m talking about.
I must say, after lot of rambling on my part, he knows Charlotte Tilbury from MAC, and he knew not to buy a blue eyeshadow when the girl in MAC tried to convince him to (seriously).
After he called eyelash curlers “eyebrow clampers” one too many times, I was intrigued by what he does and doesn’t understand about makeup. Here’s what he said:
- “Why isn’t bronzer bronze? It’s red, not bronze” – Red?! And all this time I thought I’d finally gotten the hang of contouring.
- “Why do you need to curl your eyelashes? What’s that about?”
- “Does makeup feel heavy on your face? It looks heavy sometimes” – This one went down a treat.
- “Is it worth it in the end? When you have to take it all off?” – Nine times out of ten, yes. Coming home exhausted from a night out, no.
- “Have you ever hurt your eye putting eyeliner on?”
- “What’s the obsession with eyebrows? Why do you get them waxed?” – Sidetone: I’ve never once gotten my eyebrows waxed.
- “Why do you have loads of different brushes that are different sizes? Why can’t you just use the one brush for the same thing?”
- “I read your blog once and it had this thing about high definition makeup. What is that?!”
- “What is concealer? How is it different than foundation?”
- “Highlight and bronzer are the same thing, right?…Wait, what?! What are you trying to highlight? Why?!’
- Bonus: “You know that powder I bought you? (MAC Mineralise SkinFinish) Is that to plump your foundation up a bit?”
Bless him. I’ll tell you one thing, now he can’t ask me “what’s taking you so long?!” when I’m getting ready – he knows.
“10 Things My Boyfriend Doesn’t Understand About…” will be a new series on the blog. It took a bit of convincing, but I think it’ll be a good one!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! What funny things have the men in your life said to you about makeup?