This morning I woke up to the pleasant surprise to see that the lovely Sunna, from The New Noir (link here), had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was so delighted to see that I had even been nominated among all of these other great blogs, so thank you so much Sunna! The award, aimed at promoting new bloggers with less than 200 followers, has been around for quite a while connecting bloggers in the blogging community. Discovering new blogs and bloggers is always good – right?! The rules of the Liebster award vary, but I’m just going to follow that of Sunna. I hope that you enjoy reading!
1. Provide a link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Post 11 random facts about you
3. Answer 11 random questions set by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers for the award (excluding who nominated you)
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them
Now we have that sorted, let’s begin!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m afraid of the dark
2. I drink at least four cups of tea a day. Tea = amazing
3. I keep every magazine I buy and have a whole book shelf filled with them – they’re for future reference, I swear…
4. It is physically impossible for me to go to Boots or Penneys and just buy one thing. Please tell me I’m not the only one?
5. The first time I ate a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, I put the whole thing, including the wrapper, into my mouth. It took me five minutes to realise that it wasn’t a raisin I was chewing on.
6. I can fully quote any scene from Home Alone 1 and 2, and Finding Nemo.
7. I’m addicted to making lists – I even have lists of lists I have to make.
8. I store some of my make up in empty Ferrero Rocher boxes – who needs Muji?!
9. I keep all of my shopping bags from places like Hollister, Brown Thomas and MAC – they’re just so pretty!
10. My favourite shows on TV are Storage Wars, Pawn Stars and Shipping Wars. The History Channel is awesome.
11. Watching beauty and fashion videos on YouTube is one of my favourite things to do, apart from blogging, of course 😉
11 Questions set by The New Noir
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because my obsession about beauty and fashion became too bad for my dad to bare. Just kidding, I started blogging as an outlet to talk about all of the things I love. I love trying out new products, seeing what does and doesn’t work, and discovering new things. I’ve read magazines ever since I can remember, and working for a magazine is my dream job. Having a blog is like having your own magazine, in a way, so I decided I might as well do what I love, and hopefully inspire some people in the process!
2. What inspires you? Everything and anything inspires me. It could be something I read in a magazine, heard on the radio, saw on the TV, heard from a friend or read online – inspiration is everywhere!
3. Where would you most like to visit? Without a doubt, New York. I’ve been there a few times, and it’s safe to say that I am in love with the city. I would love to live there – I’ve never seen anywhere as amazing as New York.
4. Who is your favourite artist/designer and why? Karl Lagerfeld – hands down. Everything he designs is truly beautiful and timeless, the perfect combination.
5. What is your favourite book? Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson. Although it isn’t a novel, per se, it is a book that I always turn back to and never get sick of reading.
6. Name one of your favourite blogs with the most interesting posts to follow Lily Pebbles’ blog always inspires me , I love checking every day to see new posts and am never disappointed. It is my dream to have a blog like Lily’s one day. Link here
7. What is your favourite beauty item? Clinique’s Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. It’s like nothing else I’ve ever tried – the perfect cleanser.
8. What are 3 items you cannot live without? My phone – for making lists, taking pictures, reading blogs and basically anything else you need. Tea – of course, and my Michael Kors bag – it fits everything inside it.
9. What is your biggest fear? Just existing, and not living. They’re two very different things.
10. Name something you are passionate about and why I’m passionate about inspiring people. Whether it be to buy a new lipstick, try a new colour coat or inspiring them to do what they love – inspiring people is what I want to do, in any way, big or small.
11. What is your lifetime ambition? To live the life I dream about, and making people happy while doing so.
11 Blogs I Nominate
My 11 Questions for Nominees
1. What’s your inspiration when it comes to blogging?
2. What is your favourite inspirational quote?
3. Describe yourself in three words.
4. What three things would you bring with you to a desert island?
5. What’s your favourite beauty tip?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. If you had one million euro, what would you do with it?
8. What are your guilty pleasures?
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
10. What is your aim for 2014?
11. Who is your favourite blogger?
I can’t wait to hear your responses, let me know when you have made your posts!
*What would you do if you knew you could not fail?*