I can’t believe that this is my eighth Share a Smile Sundays post, where does time go?! Sunday has become less of a lazy day for me as I now work on Sundays, so I don’t have as much time to write long, rambly posts (although I still do that anyway ;)), so until I actually have time to plan and write posts in advance, my posts will be short and sweet, but will hopefully still put a smile on your face!
Music has such power to change your mood, for good and for bad, so here are my favourite inspirational and motivational songs that always make me smile. No matter how bad a day I’m having, just listening to one of these songs has me smiling and nodding before I know it. So, next time you’re feeling down, maybe listen to some of these songs to put a smile on your dial! And add your favourites, of course!
The Happy Playlist
1. Hold On by Wilson Philips – This is my all time favourite inspirational song. Wilson Philips were the first album I ever had, and they still remain one of my favourite artists to this day! Definitely give this a listen if you’re in need of some motivation – you won’t regret it!
2. Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson – The lyrics to this song are incredible, it’s time to make a change people!
3. Something Inside So Strong by Labi Siffre – As I write this me and my dad are singing along to it playing on YouTube :’) I learned this song years ago in primary school, and ever since it has inspired me.
4. Roar by Katy Perry – This is by no means a classic, but this song never fails to make me feel better and dance embarrassingly in my room.
5. Stronger by Kelly Clarkson – This is my jam. Ms. Clarkson knows her stuff, this song has gotten me through many hard times. Cheesy I know, but I’m no snob when it comes to music. If it makes me smile then I love it.
6. Firework by Katy Perry – Another hit by Katy Perry. Can you tell that I love pop music? 😉
7. Survivor by Destiny’s Child – Any 90’s kid has to know this song. What better to improve your mood than hearing ‘I’m a survivor’ blasting in your ear?
8. Who Says by Selena Gomez – Major, major cheese factor. But try listen to this song and not smile. Impossible.
9. Where is the Love? by The Black Eyed Peas – My earliest memory of this song is my dad picking me up from school and blasting it on the way home. From that moment, I’ve loved it. The lyrics are fantastic, if you actually listen to what they’re saying, you’ll be amazed.
10. Don’y Worry Be Happy by Bob Marley – This had to be on the list, right? ‘In every life we have some trouble, but when worry you make it double’ – I definitely should listen to this song more :’)
I hope these songs have lifted your spirits if your feeling down, or made you feel even better if you’re having a good day!
*Only speak words that make souls stronger*