While I’m no expert at being happy all of the time, I’ve come to learn a few tips and tricks that boost my happiness and my mood. It’s funny because most of the things are quite little, and require hardly any effort. I try to incorporate them into my daily or weekly routine, so that when I’m feeling blue they’re there, ready to pick me up.
If you feel like you need a lil’ extra happiness in your life (who doesn’t), maybe give some of these a try, or find what works for you.
Here’s a few ways that I boost my happiness:
– Buying fresh flowers (peonies or tulips are my favourite, but any will do)
– Going for a walk along the beach or seafront
– Having a cup of tea in the evening
– Baking some healthy (or not so healthy) treats
– Having a bath with a pink bath bomb
– Meeting with friends for tea and chats
– Buying a cup of coffee and a scone with fresh blueberry jam for a snack
– Reading my favourite blogs (A Girl, Obsessed is my current fave) and magazines (Glamour or Stellar)
– Flicking through cookbooks and making nice meals for myself, my dad and my boyfriend
– Writing down 5 things to be happy about and thankful for
– Painting my nails
– Tidying and organising my makeup
– Writing blog posts
– Watching tv with my dad
– Putting fresh bed sheets on my bed (heaven)
– Looking online at things I want to do, places I want to go and things I want to buy (not gonna lie)
– Lighting a candle or incense
– Looking at old photos
– Scrolling through Pinterest for home and fashion inspiration
This list could go on for days, but you get the jist. Add a few extra things that you enjoy into your daily life, and learn to recognise how they make you feel. It’s true what they say, it’s the little things in life that are worth the most.
What are the little things that make you happy?