As much as I try my best to have a good beauty routine and to look after my skin, sometimes it doesn’t always go to plan. Here are the beauty sins I’m guilty of…
1. I don’t use moisturiser every day *shock horror*. I know that I should but I just don’t! I moisturise my face probably every second day, and my body maybe twice a week. This is something I’m definitely trying to change, I just need to get into the habit of it.
2. I don’t always use heat protector spray before using curlers, hair dryers etc. Another one that I know I should do, but sometimes I just skip the step. Oops.
3. I even hate saying it, but I pick my nails. I don’t pick them so that they’re horrible and sore looking, but I just can’t seem to let them grow. It’s a nervous thing and most of the time I don’t even realise I’m doing it. The exception is when I get my nails done, which stops me completely.
4. I’ve really only gotten into exfoliating my face in the past few weeks. I used to love exfoliating years ago, but I think I did it too much and it caused me to break out. I’ve started gentle facial exfoliation twice a week and I can really see the difference.
5. I pluck my eyebrows. Everyone says not to do it, but I just don’t have time to go to a brow bar every few weeks!
6. I don’t wash my makeup brushes every week. I try my best, but the process is so long. Once every two/three weeks is what I manage!
7. Sometimes I take my makeup off in the shower. This is supposed to be quite bad for your skin because the water is so hot, but it’s so damn easy to do.
8. I don’t get my hair cut that often. Once every four months is what I aim for, but especially because I have extensions I don’t always feel the need for a trim.
I’m sure I’ve quite a few more beauty sins that I’m guilty of, but that’s all I can think of for now! If I think of anymore, I’ll be sure to add them in.
What are your beauty sins?! Please let me know in the comments so I don’t feel like the worst beauty blogger ever! x
Bahahaha I am soooo guilty of these as well! I always use moisturizer on my face, but seldom on my body. Honestly, half the time I’m just too lazy. (; I pluck my brows probably every day. There’s always that one pesky hair! I don’t wash my makeup brushes every week. Maybe like once a month? Twice if I’m feeling productive. (; My sponge however, gets washed weekly. I never ever cut my hair. Mostly because no one can do it right. If I say I want the ends trimmed, they usually hack 2 inches off! Not worth it!
phew – I’m so glad I’m not the only one :’) It’s so hard to keep up with everything! xx
I do most of these things too! I didn’t even know that we shouldn’t pluck our own eyebrows that’s how much of a beauty fail I am! haha 😛 x
Sinead | GIVEAWAY – imPress Nails
heheh! I think it’s okay once you don’t over-pluck them – but once I start I can’t stop! :’D xxx