After a very stressful week last week and my site being offline for a few days (apologies about that!), WhatSheDoesNow is back up and running! I designed a new header, which I love, and even made a little icon that comes up on browsers.
I took the time my blog was down to plan a little relaunch and really think about where I want this site to go and what I want to do with my little space on the internet. Beauty, lifestyle and positivity will be the three areas I’ll focus on, and I’ll throw in a few outfits too – whenever I manage to take some good photos!
With that in mind, I thought I’d share 10 totally random facts about me – I hope you enjoy!
- Speaking of outfits, I pretty much have a uniform when it comes to what I wear every day. Ninety percent of the time I wear skintight jeans, boots, an oversized jumper and a leather jacket/camel coloured coat. The other 10% of the time I’m wearing gym leggings with a cosy top and my slippers. Whenever I go out, I wear the classic ‘jeans and a nice top’ combo with heels, or a dress and heels. Obviously my style changes in the summer, but these are my go-to’s for winter. I know what works for me and what I feel comfortable in, but I’d love to make some changes with what I wear over the coming year and streamline my overflowing wardrobe.
- I’m an only child, but my two best friends live less than 30 seconds from my house are only children too, so we’ve grown up our entire lives with each other and we’re basically each other’s sisters. I’m so grateful for my gals, and I’m pretty sure we were all sent to each other to be each other’s soul sisters, as cheesy as that sounds!
- I’ve an adorable dog called Bella (photo below). She’s 13 years old, but doesn’t look a day over seven 😉 Seriously though, people can never believe it when we tell them how old she is. She’s a Cavalier King Charles and we love her so much. She snores like a warhog and will beg everyone she sees for treats and any kind of food she can get her paws on. Once she ate an entire box of double chocolate fudge squares from Bulters that I left on the table and me and my dad thought she was going to die, but she didn’t even get sick! Even a human wouldn’t have eaten the entire box, I don’t know how she did it!
- I really want to live in New York at some stage in my life. I’ve been there four times and it’s my favourite place in the entire world. I think about it on a daily basis and adore the pace of life over there and the resilient attitude of New Yorkers. I don’t know when, but some day I’ll make the move – watch this space!
- I’m a secret binge watcher. I don’t technically watch television so I don’t consider myself a tv addict, but I can’t stop watching shows on replay on my laptop and on Netflix. I love This Is Us, Jane The Virgin, Grace and Frankie, Gilmore Girls, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Modern Family – the list goes on!
- I’m pretty much always tired, although I’ve got a good reason to be. I recently learned that my iron level is at 8 and it should be between 40 and 45, which explains a lot. I’ve been taking strong iron tablets and I’ve seen some improvement, so hopefully they keep working!
- I’m a self-confessed hoarder. I hoard everything. It’s pretty shameful. Nearly everything I own has some sort of sentimental value to me, so I hate getting rid of things. For years I hoarded magazines that took up an entire book case until I realised how ridiculous it was and threw most of them out. My goal for this year is to streamline everything I own because I know deep down I don’t need it all, and the things I don’t need could make someone else very happy.
- I’ve a terrible habit of biting my nails. I’ve done it ever since I was a child and I just can’t seem to kick it. It’s a nervous thing that I don’t even realise I’m doing most of the time, and I hate how my nails look because of it. I want to get Shellac on my nails a couple of times to give them some length and hopefully prevent me from picking at them.
- I had braces for two years and eight months, to be exact. My teeth were absolutely terrifying before I got them – and that’s not an exaggeration. They grew in all sorts of different directions and took a long time to straighten, but it was absolutely and totally worth all of the pain and tears they caused.
- My drink of choice is a Hendrick’s gin and tonic with lime, not cucumber. I’ve discovered that it’s the magic potion I can drink quite a lot of without having a hangover the next morning, once I drink a pint of water during the night and eat something before I go to sleep. I love white wine with dinner or if we’re having a drink in at the weekends, and really amn’t too fussy when it comes to it, to be honest. If I want to go hardcore on a night out (which is once in a blue moon), I drink vodka and cranberry juice or Captain Morgan’s and Coke *shudders*.
And there you go! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better, although I must admit it was hard to think of relatively interesting things to write about myself!
Add me on Snapchat at whatshedoesnow, or use the Snapcode on the right of the screen at the top of this post to see what I get up to day to day, which mostly includes eating, drinking coffee and reading!